Friday, April 20, 2012

21st Amendment Monk's Blood Dubble style

  You all know me, I am down for anything new to try, especially when it comes to beer. Today's review is on a canned beer called Monk's Blood, from 21st Amendment Brewery, straight out of San Francisco. A great brewery in its own right, they can every beer they have ever produced. Cans are better for beer anyway because they keep sunlight out, which can harm beer (green and clear bottles suck), and keep its fresher longer. When I saw that they had a canned dubbel, I was kind of surprised. Canned Belgian beer? So I decided to buy some and get myself a review.
   At first pour into my glass (this glass is necessary), it has a nice rich, brown hue. At first smell, there are malts, some baked bread and oak. Very rich indeed. Then there is the taste. Very well done, with the roasted malts, oak, brown sugar, and figs coming together to make a rich and succulent dubble that stands up to its brown glassed brethren. So tasty and decadent at the same time. I just love the way 21st Amendment puts a total effort into all of their beers. From light and fruity (Hell or High Water Watermelon Wheat) to wintry and warm (Fireside Chat) to hoppy (Brew Free or Die), this brewery really makes sure they are just as satisfied with their beers as much as their customers are. I'm one of them, and thanks for giving a damn about your drinkers guys. Monk's Blood keeps that winning streak going.
  Food pairings: Roasted and smoked meats and game, barbecue, and for you cheese lovers, French Morbier.

No comments:

Post a Comment